Hello and thank you for visiting.
It is fall here in Canada and leaves are changing colours and the pumpkin harvest comes in. You can see pumpkins everywhere: people decorate their porches with this squash. You can smell pumpkin pies, donuts, lattes, and teas at any store or coffee shop. There are pick-your-own-pumpkin farms and carving competitions.
So, why not to have some pumpkin in your skin care, right? Lol
The Mediheal Pumpkin Vita Mask comes in handy because it contains pumpkin extract.
When I was researching this mask, I read many reviews as I always do: I really do not want to just stick any product on my face and hope that it won’t damage my skin. And certainly, I would not want to recommend anything to you that is not worth recommending. However, I must admit, beautiful orange color of the mask did play a big part in my decision to buy the mask (I love orange colour :))
Pumpkin Benefits For Skin
Let’s explore what benefits pumpkin has for our skin.
- First of all, pumpkin extract or oil is suitable for any skin type, which is very important. Please, read my extensive post on how to determine your SKIN TYPE and why would you like to do that.
- Pumpkin is a good source of Vitamin C, which plays vital role in anti-aging preventing wrinkles and fine lines from forming. It also promotes collagen production, which prevents skin from sagging.
- It also contains beta-carotene which helps to reverse UV damage and improve skin tone.
- Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin B complex (niacin, B6, raboflavin and folate) which help to fight acne and promote skin regeneration.
- It also contains Vitamin K, which helps to fight skin inflammation and redness
So, as you can see, pumpkin is able to nourish and improve our skin.
Let’s go back to the Mediheal mask.
(This post contains affiliate link. That means that if you make a purchase, I might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you)
What is Mediheal?
Mediheal is Korean beauty company that was established in 2008. The brand offers a wide variety of sheet masks and other skin care products.
Mediheal masks are famous for their good quality as well as affordable prices (which is very important to many, many people).
Mediheal Pumpkin Vita Mask – Review
This Mediheal sheet mask promises to deliver “the nutrition of fresh autumn squash”. It also claims that it will make “your skin smooth and elastic”.
Main ingredients of the mask
Butylene Glycol – smoothes and softens the skin
Sodium Hyaluronate – this is a holy grail for skin hydration. It attracts and holds water in our skin, giving it glowing and youthful look.
Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract – here is pumpkin extract which smoothes, moisturizes, rejuvenates our skin.
Rosa Centifolia Flower Water – contains vitamins that assist in moisturizing our skin. It also helps to tighten pores and decrease skin inflammation.
Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract – this extract further reduces sun damage, removes dark skin spots and improves skin tone.
Hydrolyzed Elastin – stimulates cells growth and renewal; it also assists in skin hydration.
What I personally like about this ingredient list, that it is minimal and does not include many extract and essential oils. That is why this mask is suitable for any skin type.
However, as with any new skin care product, please, perform a patch test before applying mask to the whole face.
How to Use the Mask
This is a simple sheet mask and the steps are very straight forward.
- Cleanse your face (if you are doing the mask in the evening, I recommend using double-cleansing method).
- Remove mask from the package and apply to the skin. You can also squeeze the remaining essence from the package and apply it to your neck and décolleté.
- Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet and pat the remaining liquid into the skin.
- Apply either your moisturizer or cream to seal in mask’s ingredients and moisture.
Warnings: As with any product, you could be allergic to some of the ingredients. Stop using the mask if you start experiencing swelling, redness, irritation, and itchiness. Do not use the mask if you have open sores, acne and irritation on the skin.
My impression of the product
- Each mask is wrapped in individual package
- Once you open the package you will find a sheet mask made out of cellulose that is literally “swimming” the the serum. So there will be enough liquid to treat your face, neck and chest.
- The liquid smells, well, like pumpkin. Some people find that the smell bothers them. As for me, I personally, cannot stand artificial perfume aroma, and I am fine with natural smells. I cannot say that pumpkin smell is my favourite, but I can live with it. And it certainly not going to stop me from using this mask.
- I removed mask after 20 minutes as per manufacturer’s guidelines and there was still plenty of serum left.
- I feel that mask delivered everything it promised: my skin felt moisturized and refreshed.
- I cannot say that this mask will give you a huge “WOW” effect (as most sheet masks). This mask is excellent for giving your skin extra nourishment and hydration.
- Treat this mask as an addition to your usual skin care routine; it won’t substitute other steps in your routine.
- This mask did not cause any breakouts or allergic reactions to my skin.
- This Mediheal mask contains hyaluronic acid, so your skin will feel a bit sticky right after.
I think this is a great mask that delivers lots of vitamins and nutrients to the skin. Also consider how affordable it is: it costed me $2.60 Canadian dollars per mask. So I would definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for affordable and nourishing addition to her or his sheet mask collection.
I purchased this mask from eBay.
If you are interested in homemade body scrubs with pumpkin and other autumn vegetables and fruits, check out my blog post with recipes of 7 Body Scrubs that you can make at home.