Hello and thank you for visiting. In today’s post I would like to review an awesome mask: Dr. Jart Rubber Mask that provides extreme hydration. I honestly was surprised by how soft and moisturized my skin fell after just one application.
Why is skin hydration important?
You probably heard a lot that you should drink lots of water to stay hydrated and how it is good for your over all health. For the purpose of this post, we would look more into cosmetic and health standpoint for your skin.
Well hydrated skin looks healthy, glowing, plump and youthful. Adequate hydration improves skin elasticity and that gives our skin that glowing and youthful look. Good skin hydration also improves appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
If you have oily skin, you might notice that once you start using hydrating and moisturizing products, you skin will become less greasy and shiny. Dehydrated skin tends to produce more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture and more oil means more shine on your face.
I have oily skin and was really surprised to learn that I need to moisturize my face. I honestly thought I need to double up on drying products As soon as I started applying the right products that assisted with skin hydration, my oily skin became healthy and not shiny.
One of the ways to provide moisture and hydration to your skin is to apply the right products that will assist you in that.
(Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase, I might receive small commission at no extra cost to you)
Dr. Jart Rubber Mask is just the right product for providing hydration to your skin.
If you look into the whole rubber mask line, you will see that there are four types for masks that are different colour. They all serve different purpose and target different skin issues.
The blue Dr. Jart mask is the one that was designed to boost hydration for your skin.
This face mask consists of two parts: one is an Intensive Hydrating Ampoule Pack and the second one is Hydrating Wrapping Rubber Mask itself.
Do not get scared away by the word “rubber” in this Dr. Jart face mask. It is not actually a rubber (even though it feels like that). The rubbery part is made of green seaweed extract that has many useful elements for our skin and brown algae that gives this mask rubbery texture.
Think of this rubber part as a sheet mask that is very, very thick. Because mask is so thick, it allows all the good stuff from the ampoule to stay longer on your face without drying. That allows your skin to absorb many, many good ingredients from both ampoule and the mask itself.
Which skin type is this mask good for?
This mask is free of paragons, sulphites and phthalates which makes it suitable for almost any skin type including sensitive skin. If you are not sure about your skin type, you can read an extensive post on my blog and determine what kind of skin type you have.
What is it for?
As per manufacturer this mask is a solution for skin dryness, redness and irritation. It promises to remove dullness and uneven texture.
This mask delivers active ingredients to the skin and makes you skin look radiant, healthy and glowing.
Ampoule contains Phyto Keratin Complex which includes corn protein, wheat protein, soy protein and hyaluronic acid.
This complex stimulates collagen synthesis and elasticity; it also improves moisture retention.
“Rubber” mask contains Green Seaweed Extract which includes codium fragile extract, enteromorpha compressa extract and chlorella extract. This complex provides Vitamin C and minerals to rejuvenate, balance and revitalize your skin.
It also contains brown algae to retain moisture and boos hydration to your skin.
How to use
- Wash your face using double-cleansing method to remove all skin impurities
- Open the ampoule and apply all of it onto your face.
- Open rubber mask pouch. You will see that mask consists of 2 pre-cut parts: one for the upper part of your upper face, another one for the lower part of your face. Both parts are packed into the plastic film o prevent mask’s parts from sticking to each other.
- Remove plastic and carefully apply both parts to your face. This mask is gentle and I read that many people managed to rip it apart in some places. Just be mindful of that.
- You can overlap both parts on your face so your mask goes on tight and covers all the skin.
- Leave mask for 20 minutes, but you can also leave it for 40 minutes for the best results. As I mentioned before, rubber part will prevent ampoule from drying and the mask won’t stick you your skin.
- You can spread remaining ampoule to your neck and hands.
- Consider applying some cream or moisturizer over ampoule essence to seal in the moisture and good ingredients. This step is optional.
My impression from this Dr. Jart’s mask
Well, I LOVE it (I think I mentioned it in the very beginning of the post, but I do not mind repeating myself lol).
It is one of the best hydrating masks that I’ve used (and I used many of them). My skin felt super-soft, moisturized and rejuvenated. The nice thing is that it felt like that for many, many hours after even though I washed ampoule off. I would definitely recommend it for anyone else.
I purchased this mask on eBay